The baby doll is feeling a little better. She smiled yesterday quite a bit, which is a huge step from the past couple days of looking and feeling like death. And, I failed to mention that we discovered that Gavin has asthma. Weird.
Anyway, I've decided to discuss one of my favorite things at the moment, just to keep things interesting. Drum roll............ TV.
I could talk about TV all day (sad, I know). But lets be honest. The second the kids are in bed, Kyle and I plop down on the couch, in the same spots, and immerse ourselves into a television coma. I usually pass out at about 10:30 or 11. Right around the time the sports segment comes on the news. And that's when Kyle has free range of the TV, watching all his man shows. No, not porn (c'mon, you know that was your first thought) ... but shows like Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, and that fighting one that I can't remember the name of. Sometimes I watch them with him, but its usually just to have one up on him for the next time I want him to watch the Bachelor with me. Give and Take...
-American Idol- Casey Abrams.
-The Middle- such a funny, quirky little show. Sue Heck, the daughter, is hideous. But overall a really fun show that your 7 year old can watch with you.
-Parenthood- if you enjoy life in anyway, you MUST watch this show. SO GOOD.
-Friday Night Lights- the series finale was a couple weeks ago. Honestly, my favorite tv show ever made... and I watch a lot of tv. You should netflix all the seasons if you've missed it.
-Glee- not really sure why we still watch it. The story lines are lame, but sometimes, the music is so so good. I think I'm holding on to something that was dead a long time ago. But what if??
-Modern Family- Al Bundy (does anyone REALLY call him anything else?) totally reminds me of my dad. Which makes the show even funnier.
-Community- totally over-shadowed The Office and 30 Rock for us. Both of which, we don't really watch anymore. Its just not as funny. But Community kills me. Troy and Abed in the morrrrning!
-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia- Probably my most favorite comedy of all time. It's completely inappropriate and you should never watch it with your older brother Marc, cause he would think you are horrible for laughing at such crudeness. But your big brother Dave, loves it. If you know my brothers, that pretty much sums up the content of Its Always Sunny.
-Late Night with Jimmy Fallon- hands down, the best late show ever. Love him.
So, there you have it. Our shows that we watch. What are you watching these days? Are we missing something?
On a side note, if you are looking for a new cd, you should try Sara Bareilles, Kaleidoscope Heart. It's actually not that new. But its one of those cd's where you don't have to skip every other song. The whole thing is fantastic.
Also, I found a friend who sings and plays guitar, and let me tell you... I went to her house the other day for a little jam sesh... I was super intimidated. She's better than me. And I'm not trying to be conceited, but I usually don't say stuff like that. But holy crap. She's fantastic. We might have to make a few videos together and start a band like The Wreckers.
Lastly, I made this little ditty to match a blessing dress for a friend of mine's little baby girl. I love how it turned out.
9 comments:
I am so glad Mila is better. I don't watch any of those shows so I can't comment. I love you all. MOM
I have watched AI. The last girl was good. Ask Uncle Marc about "sports asthma" He had it and outgrew it. It NEVER slowed him down from any sport. See you soon. Love you, MOM
Dear younger sis, you watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? You are horrible for laughing at such crudeness.
And you're going down for that comment when I see you in a week and a half. I may have to break out the nogie or the swirly for you, just like old times.
I do watch Modern Family and Community with Jules every once in a while, and both are hilarious.
k you are the first person i've talked to that watches parenthood! it is my FAVORITE show ever, actually 2nd favorite. ( 1st fave show ever is the cosby show duh) I have cried every episode for like the past month now. i honestly try so hard not to let a tear fall out so nate won't make fun of me, but i fail every time. I don't watch very much t.v. but i LOVE parenthood sooo much i could talk about it forever. i am so glad i have someone to talk about it with now. my faves are amber, drew, christina and zeke. who are your faves? we do watch amazing race religiously too, and seinfeld reruns every night
awesome comment about marc and dave btw. make sure to give her an indian burn too marc
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Timmy Time, Jungle Junction.....
?!?!? Al Bundy reminds you of ME ?!?!?
Darla, you've got some 'splainin' to do!!!
So I've just dived into It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia....omg! Love it. Why have you been holding back on me?? I'm only at season 3 right now and I'm sure my cussing level has increased tenfold, but I don't care. I love it. Other loves: Community, Glee, Anything Kardashians, Modern Family, 30 Rock, Fairly Legal, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and if I manage to stay awake, SNL. And I don't even have cable tv! Just imagine if I did. Those iTune season passes are what's killing me!
I am a fan of House, but all my other favorites are already on your list. Just wondering, have you ever thought of selling your headbands at Quilted Bear? I was looking for something like this the other day but most booths just had the stupid silk flower headbands. I know it's far away so maybe it wouldn't work, but I bet you'd do well. I especially love this style for photoshoots.
Post a Comment