Friday, March 4, 2011

Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm a legitimate singer.

Soooo...

I will be opening for the country band Due West (google them) when they come to Beaver in April! Yes, that's right. I'm an opening act. How cool is that?!?

Almost as cool as the fact that my face will be on their poster. And if you are wondering, I'm totally gonna frame the poster and display it in the front room of my house. I'm really excited about it!

In related news, Kyle and I saw the movie "Country Strong" last night. Amazing. Hot people, great music, awesome storyline. If you get the chance, you should go see it. Totally worth the $15 ticket, or whatever it is you are paying for a movie these days.

Which brings me to my next thought. I get to a certain point in my hair life where I contemplate its next move. Cut it, grow it, dye it, shave it all off? What to do? Here's is a picture of what I really want to do to it. Color-wise at least. Am I too old for hair like this? What's your opinion? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ryan-- I'm talking to you.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Very exciting about the singing. I like your hair the color and length it is now!! Love you, MOM

Karen said...

Nice typeface for your blog

Chelsea said...

Can I just say I seriously feel like I'm actually reading your diary now with this new font and more writing going on? Thanks it's fun haha!

michiganbliss said...

Was going to say the same thing as Chels. Like, "oohh, can't wait to see what she writes tomorrow"
Will you? Seriously? Please? :)

Welcome back to blogging. We have missed you. Keep em' coming. Is this flower/bow thing a business? Cuz I would buy.

Anonymous said...

That hair color works well on someone who has brownish skin.......... like your brother Dave. Your coloring is too fair to make it work for you.

Just my opinion. And yes, I know where you'll file it.

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

sooo much to say...love the blog makeover. cute font! holy freakin congratulations on the singing gig. you are such a rockstar. i'm so excited for you! i've heard friday night lights is awesome. we need to netflix it. too bad we're too cheap to have netflix. mila is sooooooo cute! i can't handle those baby pigtails. love. i hope she's feeling better. for real, what is it about going out for a diet coke that just makes the day seem worthwhile? there are worse things in life. just drink it and move on. i love the red hair! that's the color hair i keep trying to get, but since i do it myself it's sort of hit and miss. i think it's gorg and you should totally try it. it's just hair. casey abrams for sure! super cute hairbow. running just sucks. i thought if i did it long enough i would stop hating it. didn't work. i cuss everytime i lace up my shoes. i love the thing about the hulk. way to go gavin! the end.

Lindsay said...

I think you should go for it. Do you usually pull warm (redish) when you color your hair? And if you end up not liking it, just wash it a lot with hot water and crappy shampoo. Reds fade really fast :)

Karen said...

I decided I like this hair color. I agree with Lindsay....just try it..it will wash out. I love you, MOM

Mahana said...

Ok. so you and me are twins. seriously. Just picked up THAT hair color for my hair a few days ago. Just haven't made the plunge...stupid pneumonia. I think though I'm going to go a little blond-er first then go all out hot red mama. I say DO IT. Do It NOW!

Mahana said...

ps. you know i'm ridiculously excited for you right? Both about the singing and the hair....just had to make it official by typing it out on your blog. <3

Ryan Smart said...

Okay so you asked...always dangerous to ask me because I can't help myself. The fact that Ashley Simpson is slightly cross eyed or has a lazy eye in the picture isn't helping. So here we go-first off you know outside your family I am your biggest supporter so congrats on the gig and I love you and you'll be amazing. However, after the yellow old navy tech vest and bleach job in high school, I am glad you're giving some pause to your style decisions. ;) You also know most women lie and tell you things look good when they don't. The fake red hair color is one of them. Please know that it took Ashley Simpson thousands of dollars and photoshopping to make sure they took out the Latina Woman Eggplant color that most girls end up with. Also, guys don't dig it (not that it matters, but...well it matters). You've always had a little punk rock in your and if you were going to get a nose piercing and chop your into a lesbian/girl with the dragon tattoo look it I'd let you do it...but we may not be friends.
You have the raddest eyes on the planet along with awesome natural dark hair. I really like the cut and style here, but go with natural dark brown hair. It's sexy and doesn't look like you're trying too hard. Please don't wear cowboy boots, your legs will look short. At least wear them under a jean. Everyone will be blown away by your voice and you'll look good no matter what. I also know you're going to do whatever the h#$* you want any way so why ask?
Someone better tape this performance and you know I deserve some shout outs when you make it big.