Thursday, September 24, 2009

EFY Song

So, my song "Let it Begin" was chosen to be on next years EFY cd! Horray! It's pretty exiting. Especially since I think everyone needs to hear this song. It's so great! I went up on Tuesday to record the final vocals. And I basically got in the car and drove right back home. In the nicest way possible, the producers said that I was not myself that day. I just wasn't bringing the magic. The Julie magic. It happens. To everyone. My feelings weren't hurt and I wasn't offended because I wasn't the only one who was off. It took Tyler about 7 times to get the piano right. And usually he plays it once and its perfect. So, just a funky day. It just sucks that I live 2 hours away and its a big deal to make the trip. Getting babysitters, paying for gas, the whole deal. So, I'm off today again but this time I'm bringing my A GAME. I'm not making that trip again for a while. Wish me luck! I'll try to lay off the soda and spicy food this time. Apparently that's not so good for your vocal chords. Who knew? Not me... obviously. I like to blame the baby.

On a side note... Monday was a really beautiful day. We left our back door open to get some good fresh air in. It seemed like a good idea at the time, However, our house is now infested with flys. Kyle bought one of those sticky fly trap things. It's hanging from our pendant light in my kitchen. Really appetizing. We woke up to about 12 flys on it this morning. Which is a start. Only about 35 more to go. But as we speak, Kyle is on a fly swatting rampage. Thats right Kyle, you show that fly who's boss!

8 comments:

Mahana said...

Congrats! I love that song.

You totally need to get a fly swatting racquet. It zaps the flies as you hit them (and oddly enough also has a button for turning on a mini flashlight). Quite entertaining and they're much bigger than a swatter so you get a whole family of flies in one electrocuting (sp?) hit.

Unknown said...

You are AWESOME! I wish I could take the boys and watch them while you live my "Mormon rockstar" fantasy and lay a track down. (do I sound like I am in the biz?) Alas, Texas is too far. I love your vocals and can't wait to hear the final cut! love you J

Kate and Robbie said...

I have been telling EVERYONE I know that my BFF is on the EFY CD this year...NOW i can say she is on it NEXT year...WOW...I feel so cool...I cant imagine how you feel. Do you look in the mirror each morning and go, "damn, I'm cool".

Tiffani said...

Hey, we have a flytrap hanging from our pendant light, too! Maybe we'll start a trend.... Good luck on the song, I love it!

Karen said...

Jules, As you know, this is my favorite church song so far. I can't wait to hear the 'Julie magic' that you will bring to it tonight. I am so happy for you. Love, your mom ps need a manager yet? me, dad, marc, dave, julie? Oh, I guess Kyle will be it!

Krystle said...

oh man can i just say your awesome and that im glad im related to someone famous!! i love your voice and when it comes on to my iPod we jam just a little louder! :D

Nichelle said...

seriously though, the next hillary weeks?? good last name;) you are amazing, i love you. when's that spicy little baby due?

Carly said...

LOVE IT. 'Nuf said.