Monday, September 21, 2009

Ode to Kate

I don't tell my friends nearly enough how much I love them. This is a pretty fun way to do it.

I got to spend some time with my good old friend Kate this weekend. I have always known, but everytime I see her, I'm reminded of how fabulous Kate REALLY is. This post is for you Kate! My super fab San Diego friend. Here are the reasons why I think she's great.

- She would do ANYTHING for anyone. Seriously. I don't know if its because she's too nice to say no, but she really would give you the shirt off her back.

- She would also give you the shirt off her back so that she can show you her massive boobs. Honestly Kate, those things are amazing! We are all pretty jealous of those babies.

- She throws great parties. Even unplanned ones.

- She says bad words. And she uses expressions that I find necessary to tell Kyle about cause she's so funny.

- Randomly she would bring me diet cokes just cause she was thinking about me.

- Even on a tight budget, she still manages to get me a birthday present every year. It's never super extravagent, but its always more than enough to let you know that she cares.

- She married Kyle's best friend Robbie. Who, coincidentally, has my same birthday.

- She has amazing things. Kate doesn't mess around. Seriously. She has a down comforter and down pillows on her guest bed.

- She owns more stuff than anyone I know. Which is beneficial if you forget something. She has 5 of everything to choose from.

- You know when you pray for a friend, or someone to make your day a little easier? Heavenly Father always brings me Kate. She is that person for me.

- When describing Kate to people who don't know her, the only thing to say is... She's Kate. You just have to know Kate!

- She plays airheady to get things she wants. She's one smart chick.

- She is a scary driver. But not scary like, I'm going to die, scary. Just scary enough to have an adventure.

- Life is never dull when Kate is around. Thanks for being my friend Kate!

11 comments:

Karen said...

I love you too Kate. You are a wonderful friend to Julie and like another daughter to me. Love, Karen

Kate and Robbie said...

I'm crying...Sobbing...trying to type...cant see the words on the keyboard...Julie, this has to be the nicest thing Ive ever seen. I think I'm going to laminate it, and place it around my house so I can see it when I need to cheer myself up through out my day...and remind myself, SOMEONE LOVES me, and dogonit, JULIE loves me!

Victoria said...

That was awesome!

Ashlee said...

That is so sweet! I am sure she feels the same about you. I love when you tell me about her and her funny stories and we laugh. It is great!!

Ashlee said...

P.S. I love your blog. You crack me up. I love the butt pictures I had forgotten about that! IT IS AWESOME! Maybe I should borrow it tomorrow and show up at the clinic. Wade would Die!! (I am sure he would secretly love it)! I love ya!!

Nichelle said...

kate really is so amazing and so fun! she truly would give you her shirt and be topless in public if it meant you were happy. And her laugh will make you pee in your pants laughing so hard. I love you kate!

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

Oh I love you both.

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Amen! It's been years since I've seen Kate, but I remember her as you describe her. She's so great! And Nichelle is right, her laugh is the best.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Amen! Oh, I am so jealous of your Kate time. I just love you Kate and miss our fun times together. You really are a wonderful woman! You always made me so happy. I was so sad when we lost touch. I can't tell you how excited I was to find you in the blogging world. You girls are all so awesome!!!

Ryan Smart said...

Hopefully Kate sees this--I would check back regularly to see if peeps loved me.

Kate--it's been so long-from golden midgets to riding mules in Tijuana--not to mention the sleep over and scripture sesh in Mesquite. Erica only met you once but loved you. Jules is right--there is only one Kate--one Julie for that matter too. Love you chicks!

Unknown said...

I LOVE KATE TOO! My favorite memory of Kate stems from a conversation between you, Kate and Danielle regarding the mind-boggling realization that their college roommates didn't have their own car in Provo. Someone asked how they got around town, and Kate responded "I guess they take the bus." and Danielle said, "Whoa, total mind blower."

It was completely void of arrogance....honestly, they just couldn't fathom it.

And that is one reason why I love you Del Mar girls....you crack me up!

p.s. I am a lame sil...I still have your b-day present sitting on my dresser...someday you will get it.