Friday, March 12, 2010

Gavin's First Wrestling Tournament

Gavin had his very first wrestling tournament tonight! He took FIRST PLACE for his weight. (46-48 pounds). I was so proud of him! Kyle is in Vegas for the night at the BYU game, but made sure that I gave him play by plays of Gavins butt kicking all night long. I know you are supposed to have faith in your children that they can be awesome at things, but I was totally surprised at how good Gavin is. Kyle has been working with him every night, showing him the best moves, and it totally paid off. We are so proud of you Gavin!!!! - one day you'll read this.

A ridiculous amount of people

Gavin- working his sweet moves

He's so rad

Such a pro!

Gavin's mean face...
I felt like such a bad person yelling at my kid to kick the other kids butt,
while his mom is right in front of me. Oh well.

Getting to raise his hand as the winner... that poor other kid.

Gavin is so awesome.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Gavin is a great athlete! love, Grandma

Karen said...

Wow, single digits until baby girl arrives. See you next Sat. Mom

Shondel said...

un-freaking-believable! seriously, that is so cool.

Krystle said...

yeah! what a little stud

Kate and Robbie said...

I guess that's what you do in a small town...ha ha. Its fun when your kid wins...I'm afraid Tommy will be the kid who gets his butt kicked though and all I'll be doing is giving the "you're good enough, you're smart enough, and dog onit, people like you" talk.

Smittys said...

YAY Gavin! Wes was at the b-ball game too..thats funny.
I heard that it snowed like a beast on Saturday night and I was having a panic attack for you hoping that you would not go into early labor in the nasty snow!

Marc said...

Wow. That is awesome. Go Gavin! P.S. Uncle Marc can still take you, so don't get too cocky (at least for another year or two).

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

That is awesome. Way to go Gavin!!!

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Yay for wrestling!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Gav! We love you!