Okay, my friend Kellie said it best on her blog. So, I copy and pasted and then changed it to fit my situation... Here it goes.
I am officially in my 3rd trimester now and we are STILL without a name for this little peanut. So we are opening up ourselves to suggestions :) We have a few names in mind, but we aren't both 100% sold on them yet...Let me lay out the criteria...mind you we are QUITE picky :)
- We prefer names with two syllables
- Her middle name will most likely be Kathryn, so it has to work with that
-names ending in "ee" sounds are tricky, but some work for some reason... so use discretion :) ie. Julie Yardley
- cannot be spelled funky. SO not necessary.
- the names has to be in that category of not too common, not too rare that you've never heard of it. ROMAN for example... is in that category.... you've probably heard of another ROMAN, but there isn't a ROMAN in every 1st grade class across America.
- This baby is the 17th child in the Yardley Family, and 6th on the Rose side. Names are starting to run together, and sound alike. For example, I like Bailey- but we already have a Kailee. Get it?
SO now that I've been a picky jerk.... BRING ON THE SUGGESTIONS...If you suggest a name we use, we will hang your picture in the little girls nursery for the first five years of her life :) haha....maybe.
23 comments:
Bentley Katheryn Yardley
i'll let you know if i have anymore and i will start picking the best picture of me ha ha
Lyla Katheryn Yardley
or I had a friend name her daughter
Layla I like that one too. Neither of these names work for us because we already had a Lydia and I am not into naming with the same first intial.
I will give you some of my "future girl" names cuz I don't plan on having a million more kids (just a few:). So I like: Cali (not short for california), Brynlee (call her bryn if you want), Reese (like witherspoon), and Jadie. There ya go. Spell them how you wish but please don't put a picture of me in her nursery LOL.
jennica?
I'm very secretive about my names. I can't have them floating all over the internet, because I don't want anyone else to take them. There's already 27 grandkids on Nate's side and I just know my favorites are going to get snatched up before I get around to having another one. :) But good luck! I think picking out the name is one of the best parts! I'm sure whatever you choose will be adorable!
I LOVE the name Giselle/Gisele. Classy name that even born and bred Beaver-ites can pronounce without butchering. You could call her Elle or Gigi for short.
Giselle Kathryn Yardley
Giselle Yardley
I also like the name Audrey. But I think the "ee" factor is too strong.
The Kathryn as a middle kind of throws me with suggesting names. Something about the tone when you say Kathryn--to me--says First or even Last name. Good luck. The only name we had an easy time picking was Leila's. Boy names were the worst for us.
Kylee would have been good (Kyle/Julie combo - clever huh), but probably too close to Kailee
okay- off with the responses...
jeannie and krystle- no sorry. :)
ruby- we do like layla- however, not completely sold on it. kyle likes it more than i do.
victoria- we have similar taste in names. im a big fan of reese and jade or jada. not jadie. good names though.
holly- totally.
mahana- i love you and we are pretty much twins, but im not a huge fan of the name giselle. sorry. ;)
marc- you are so clever.
keep it coming people!!! unless you get totally offended when i shoot down your suggestions ;)
I like Marc's name for your doll girl-- Kylee Kathryn Yardley. Some of my best friends used to call me "K" as a nickname and I liked it. MOM ps Jade and Kristen are good also
I also like Michelle Kathryn Yardley. Mom
Ok, here are some possibilities:
April
Adrian
Antonette (Toni?)
Karen
Maria (or Anna Maria, names not common in the UT culture)
Pearl
Rose
Just my opinion, but any of the above would be GREAT names.
hmf. good luck sister. girl names are SO difficult because there are SO many cute ones to choose from. mitch and i are a little too classic, there will probably be quite a number of allie's in her first grade class.
HA! I love you too. I actually like Jade better for pairing with Kathryn as the middle....and want to save Giselle for myself (just in case, not that we're planning anything!) That's my vote.
Uh, just in case the doctor didn't read the xrays or sonogram correctly, you might want to think about a few boy names as well.
I HAVE TO AGREE THAT KYLIE IS REALLY CUTE COMBO NAME FOR YOU TWO AND I LIKE ROSE TOO. ISN'T THAT YOUR MIDDLE NAME OR MAIDEN NAME OR SOMETHING? LOVE THAT. IT WAS ACTUALLY ON MY LIST UNTIL I REALIZED THAT SAYING ROSE SPEARS WAS JUST TOO MUCH OF A LISP PROBLEM FOR ME. NATE WANTED REESE AND WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM...REESE SPEARS...SSSSSSS. ANYWAYS, GOOD LUCK! :)
bashell?
How about Gwen? (the female form of Gavin)
I think maybe Tawanda Kathryn Yardley... I love it or Tameeka. or wait Orangejello, Baaahaaaa I vote for Jade.
This post is SO well written...hahaha.. next time don't give me credit, just copy me and I won't tell anyone!!!
SO... even though you hate it... I still vote Milani :) I also like Abbie, Addalyn, Addison, Bonquisha and Koolaidria... enjoy...let me know if you need a 8x10 or 16 x 20 for her room...
haha I'm going to give you my favorite name as a suggestion because Brett told me we will never use it..."Double R's + slight chance of a Speech Impetement = No Go!"
Rindy! It has a y at the end..sorry. :0) And as I'm reading the past comments, I have to put a plug in for Gwen, Reese and Jessa. Have fun!
since I am officially stalking your blog...thanks by the way... Here are the names I love...
Stella
Clara
Ruby
Sofia
:) you can shoot them down...I'll still love em!
LaDaSa pronounced la-day-suh. Short for Latter Day Saint! I think is is a Perfect fit for the Yardley Family! Too bad this is really someones name!!!
Ok onto the a couple faves of mine at the moment-btw the way Jeff says I am an 80 year old trapped in a twenty something year old body, its kind of true:)
Alice
Lyla
Pearl
Penny-Penelope
Rayne, Rainne-actually not sure how I would spell it, I am not trying to be funky, I truly like the name!
and on the really generic side...Katie
Love you!
Kell
man I need to proof read sorry!!
Post a Comment