Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kyle is gone

Kyle went on a trip with his old buddies from school. -River rafting somewhere in the state of Utah. I'm such a good wife. I always know where he is at all times. Anyway, I'm realizing that I depend on him WAY more than I should.

For example:

---the tire on my bike trailer had a puncture in it (good word). So, late last night I had to have Kyle fix it, but we didn't have any goo stuff. So, he instructed me to go buy some green goo and then take it to the gas station and they will fix it for me. So, I did.

---the garbage. It was garbage day today. The big trash can is still sitting out by the road empty waiting for me to bring it home. Will I? Probably not today.

---the fire alarm is chirping. I might have to call my father-in-law for this one. I wouldn't even know where to start.

---I went to the grocery store and was all ready to load up the trunk when I saw it was already filled with 3 sets of golf clubs from Memorial day. Will I take them out... probably not.

Have I just become extremely dependent on Kyle, or just really lazy???



On the plus side, I don't have to make dinner. PB&J is just fine with the kids. Cleaning is not as necessary as usual. And I can sit on my butt in the middle of the day and do nothing. (Not like I wouldn't anyway, but I definatly don't feel bad now.) But, I will TOTALLY deny doing this if anyone mentions it. And the best part, I can catch up on all my guilty pleasure shows, like Keeping Up with the Kardashians, John and Kate plus 8, and the Guantlet 2. So, bonus.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Wish you were here!! When will Kyle be home? Call you tomorrow. We love you, Mom&Dad&Dave

Mahana said...

hahahaha! um, this could totally be me, except with Jake somewhere doing some sort of hiking/camping in Alaska. But let's just take away the possibility of it being laziness..I consider it a faux vacation. I get to be one of the kids, making messes, eating junk and watching my favorite stuff over and over. I'll admit, I do like it when Jake goes on an adventure now and then. As long as he's not too tired to clean up after me when he gets back.

michiganbliss said...

My newest one: Tori and Dean on Oxygen. Horrible guilty pleasure. I love them. I know you will too.

Victoria said...

That is so hilarious!! I can totally relate:)

Marc said...

The best judge of a person is what they do when no one is watching. Julie Yardley is on the clock...

Aubrey said...

haha this is so ME! I really think that we are the same person for real....All you need to do is insert Bobby's name where Kyle's is and it should be on MY blog...love it.