Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ummm....

So BIG news! Really really BIG news...

My song "You Can Change" has been chosen to be on the EFY CD for 2009. And they want ME to sing it!!! Horray! I go to Provo on Monday to record it. Crazy! Still can't believe it!

34 comments:

Kathy said...

Julie! That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Danielle said...

Congrats, that's awesome! So, should I expect an autographed CD from you? Just kidding.

Carly said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

That is AWESOME! I can't wait to own my own copy. When I was attending EFY I used to wonder where they found these cool people to write and perform for the cds. Now I know one!

Karen said...

My girl, I'm so happy for you. You'll be awesome. Love, MOM

Mahana said...

Movin' on up! Whoo-hoo! And I'm NOT kidding when I say I want an autographed copy. Sheesh, i better find all the pics with me and you so I can have some claim to fame :) Hugs girl! You rock!

Unknown said...

O my goodness, I just knew it was gonna happen soon after I heard your demo song! Heavenly Father has gifted you with quite a voice pretty lady! I am so excited for you!

Stacey Bacon said...

Congrats! You are the coolest! Good luck and enjoy this awesome opportunity.

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

Wow that is awesome I didn't know you sang were have I been?

Moss Family said...

Wow Julie! That is awesome. You are amazingly talented and I love to hear you sing in our ward!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I can't listen to your demo how it doesn't seem to be working or I don't seem to be working it I am not sure which one.

Kate and Robbie said...

Jewels, I think your amazing. (This is Rob by the way). Way to represent the Beav!

JasonDebbie said...

Wow thats so cool, go Beaver! I can't wait to hear it!

Ams said...

I am so excited for you Jules. Yay. I can't wait to tell everyone I know.

Nate and Kelly said...

AWESOME!

Nate and Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Julie Congrats! You have always been so talented! I know that your song will touch many hearts and lead them in the right direction. My sister Ashley is always inspired by the EFY songs, especially since she is also a song writer/singer. She is struggling with all the pressures of high school and as one of the few LDS girls at her school. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!
Samantha
(P.S. I found your blog from Carly's. It was so fun to to see your cute kids and beautiful house. My blog at sandsfloyd.blogspot.com)

Jeannie said...

that is freaking awsome

L said...

AHHHHH!!! YAY!!!! I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

The Evers said...

That is so fantastic! You are going to be famous! I am so going to get it when it is out! I am sure my sister will be going to EFY this summer too! I am excited to tell her about you! Way to go! You are wonderful!

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Oh my gosh that is AWESOME! Congratulations Julie!!

Candi said...

Yeah Julie!
Do you remember the first time we met and you were singing at that Enrichment activity and yours truly asked if you had a CD? Let's just say I called it...
Remember us when you're famous.

Aubrey said...

that is pretty much the best thing I have ever heard! Pretty amazing....ya so I tried blogging for about 5 minutes. My intentions are always good, so whats my problem??? Anyway, I will try harder. I love stalking you though. It's my favorite. We miss you guys tons..

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! Only the Best!!! I just knew it!

Lezlie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! that is the coolest thing I have ever heard!!! millions of little Mormon teenage girls and 20 year old missionary boys will be singing your song for years to come. I love you Jules and am soooo proud!

Marc said...

Who hoo! Awesome Jules. Congrats!

ssh said...

AWESOME! i'm 26 and i still like the EFY cd's...we will for sure be buying our copy next year. can you sign it?! hehehe!

Pete and Sadie Best said...

That is amazing. My mom was telling me how beautiful you sing the last time I was in Beaver. Must be TRUE!

Marcie said...

Hey Julie I am so excited for you! I think Ashlee asked you if I could play the song in one of my groups? Anyway I did and it was awesome. You have a beautiful voice and would love to continue to share this song with women in recovery from addiction. Thank you! Cant wait to get the CD. The women in my group will also be excited. They all wanted a copy of the song. So good luck you are awesome, please continue to keep that sister of mine in line. (if you didnt guess by now I am Ashlee Holligshead sister) I check her blog and yours daily! I am secretly living life vicariously through the both of you! Ha HA !!!

Sarah boo said...

That is so cool! My love of church music has always been a bit a of dirty little secret. You inspire me to want to do something outside of the "Mom Box". Congratulations.

Sarah boo said...

PS. I can't get your demo to work. It comes up with this strange voice speaking in a foreign language or gibberish, I'm not sure which.

Lonnie and Lindsay Fox said...

That is seriously amazing. You deserve it!! I am so excited for you. I cant wait to get a copy.

Steff said...

Wow Julie! That is fantastic! I will buy one for sure now! Congratulations!

Burnett Family said...

I am not surprised!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear it.

Paula said...

Wow!!! That is so awesome. We have a local celebrity right here in Beaver!