Just another glorious day occurred at Ernies. Story begins the same, with Ashlee, I run in to get the drinks (no chicken this time). Everything is great. People are pleasant. I walk out the door with THREE 32 oz. drinks in hand and start staring at this girl driving by. She looked like my cute friend Kelly Evers (this is totally all your fault fake Kelly). Then BOOM. I somehow COMPLETELY miss the step and eat CRAP spilling large quantities of coke and sprite all over the place. My diet coke was saved, somehow (divine intervention). Yet, in the midst of falling, I somehow manage to make eye-contact with Ashlee in the van. She swears the look on my face was that of a pleading child grasping desperately for help. I, on the other hand, was thinking in my head "ASHLEE, ARE YOU SEEING THIS??? I'M FALLING!!!" While at the same time yelling some sort of swear word rhyming with whit. Well, she definately saw it. She gets out of the van and comes over to help and says to me, "is it okay that I'm laughing?" Of course its okay, you are the one without a coke. So, Ashlee had to go back in and refill the drinks and explain why there was soda all over the sidewalk. Strike 2 Ernies. Maybe next time I will drive away with the gas pump still attached to my van, just for kicks.
Here is a picture of my war wounds for your laughing pleasure.
7 comments:
You are so funny!! Stay away from Ernies. It's DANGEROUS!!!! Love you, MOM
Hey Darla, I'm not buyin' that story. I know rug burns when I see 'em! But I really enjoy your great sense of humor. And I'm glad you know what rhymes with whit. Lastly, I'm a proud parent knowing that you have your priorities straight, saving that Diet Coke. You're the best!
HAHAHAHA you make me laugh so hard! :)
"Of course it's OK, you're the one without a coke"...hilarious! Maybe you should start getting your DC at the B store instead (do they still call it that?!?)
Oh man, Ernie's really is getting the best of you. So glad Ashlee was there to not only see it but help you too. It would have probably taken me longer to compose my hysterical laughing before I came to your rescue :) I concur with Tiff, go to the B store next time.
Sounds like you have a love-hate relationship with this Ernie's place.
By the way, I ate it pretty hard on both knees while camping with the kids a few weeks back. I had a fishing pole in one hand, and Will in the other, and was walking on a boulder filled shoreline of a big lake when I ate it hard on a boulder. Landed smack on my knees. I had about 10 kids around at the time so the extent of my verbal expression was "man, that killed" followed by internal swearing ratched up 100% because I couldn't let it out.
Nice save on the diet coke.
It was a nice save for YOUR DIET COKE!! It was though one of the funniest slow motions falls I have ever seen I mean EVER. I know we could of made a lot of money if I would have had a video camera. I still think we should try to raid Ernies for the security cameras tape. I am still Laughing now at this very moment. It was great. LOVE YA!
Post a Comment