Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just another reason why I'm not an Oprah fan

So, Roman has an afternoon nap. During this time, I usually clean and work, and whatever else. However, yesterday, I plopped my fat a$$ on the bed and flipped through the channels. Oprah was on... not usually a fan, but I decided to give her another chance.... Disappointment again.

The theme was called "Simplifying your life". I'm all for that. However, there was a lady from Naperville, IL (where I was born), that shopped everyday. She just couldn't help herself. She is a bargain shopper and has to feed her addiction everyday. But what does she buy, you ask?? shoes? clothes? toys? NOPE... FOOD STORAGE.

Oprah proceeded to say this, and I quote.."(Whatever her name is) has enough food storage to feed a family for a WHOLE YEAR!!!"- Only in crazy Oprah talk.

I was so pissed that I wrote Oprah an email. Since when is it such a bad thing to have a year supply of food storage?? What the crap, O? I get that you probably don't need to shop everyday, however, that lady will probably be more prepared for a crisis than Oprah. So in your face Oprah! You just lost another viewer... again.

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Oprah is an idiot. Sometimes her shows are interesting, but her views on things are so out there that I want to slap her! I love your new background.

Erica said...

I agree. Can't stand her. I could see maybe if she was going into debt for it or something. But to just have it...isn't that a good thing. We will all come raid her house when crisis strikes including Oprah.

paige said...

if anybody ought to have food storage, it's Oprah. Duh.

Kate and Robbie said...

Valle may have just disowned owned you.

Kate and Robbie said...

I just typed that twice...

Smittys said...

I don't like Oprah either. I want to poke her in the eye.

L said...

LOL... you are hilarious! I loved that you wrote "again" at the end of your "in your face" line! lol. Miss you!!!

Karen said...

Not a fan of Oprahs. She is definitely out of touch with reality- the real life of our terrible economy. Keep storing food and $, we all need to do this.Way to go for writing to Oprah Jules. Love, MOM ps Felicia from Virginia Beach sang very well.

Leslie said...

I think "O" is "OVER RATED"! I really like the song that is playing on your blog right now as I am typing! Miss seeing you woman. We need to get together again soon!

Marc said...

Can't stand Oprah. Thought it was just because I was old and out of touch with coolness. But since my really cool sister doesn't like her, maybe there's something to it. Go sis.

Anonymous said...

Oprah is the Anti-Christ I swear!

Anonymous said...

Oprah is the Anti-Christ I swear!

Corynn said...

I watched Oprah all the time in college. Recorded it to watch everyday for along time. Never watch her now and when I do she always pisses me off. I was a big Oprah fan at one time, but not anymore. I wanna know what you wrote to her. I don't know why nobody in the media/world talks trash on how stupid she is. We can talk trash on every other celebrity but Oprahs off limits? Screw that!

Sarah boo said...

I saw that too and I was totally annoyed. I thought, well, maybe if they had said other stuff like, that the only reason she has all this food and toiletries is because her family is in debt from all her shopping. Then I would have had a problem with all that shopping. But they never mentioned anything like that,(and if they had been in tons of debt, Ophrah would have mentioned it, that would be sooo Ophrah show). So, if they aren't being irresponsible with their spending then leave the lady alone and stop making her look like and idiot for having a years food supply. Oprah should do a show on the benefits of having a year food supply.