Sunday, February 8, 2009

A letter to you all

Dear hot friends,
Sad times are upon me... I've recently noticed that I no longer know whats cool. I'm decent with celebrity gossip, thank you TMZ, and good with music, however... its the clothes that I just don't know about anymore. I was searching for something to wear to my nieces baby blessing last week, and realized.... oh my gosh... is this even still in style??? I'm pretty sure I've had all my skirts for at least 4 years. I feel like I am 40. I haven't set foot in a Nordstrom in,(gasp)I don't even know how long. Let alone a mall. What's happened to me? I look at all my other friends who are single or recently married or even just live near a store and think...

#1. What the CRAP are they wearing?
#2. Is this what kids are wearing these days???
#3. Where can I buy that?

I need some help. But here's the catch. If you are too dressed up in my little town of beaver- you look to fancy. If you are too trendy- you look like an idiot. What's a girl to do? And all you beaver girls, I love you, but please don't tell me to check out Maurices in Cedar, cause really, it's only cool cause there's nothing else. Hate to break it to you ;)
Anyway, I should probably take a trip to Vegas, or San Diego, preferably San Diego, because that always seems to fix this problem. I would love any input from all of you hot friends.

Sincerely,
Julie -I refuse to be frumpy- Yardley

25 comments:

Karen said...

Jules, I know I'm not one of your "hot friends" because I am your Mom. However, you always look fabulous and even though you haven't been in a mall or large store,like Nordstrom, you still look awesome.

I do like the idea of your coming to San Diego to shop however so I can SEE YOU!!!

You have always been a trend setter and you still are one. Love, MOM ps keep making your bracelets and watch bands because they are it.

Anonymous said...

Julie what the crap are you talkin about?! YOU are one of the hot ones! You always look amazing and in young womens every week everyones like did you see julie? she looks so hot where do you think she shops... and this is coming from the cheerleaders that would like to think they are in style so be happy! YOU ARE SMOKIN HOT!

Candi said...

Dear Julie,

I, of course, have no advice to offer to you. But after you do go shopping and clean out your closets, please call me so I can go through your old stuff before you give it to D.I. Seriously.

~Candi

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I am with Candi, I would love your four year old skirts. I haven't hung out with you basically since then and I thought you were very stylish.

I guess I am not a good person to ask for style advice. Besides Ross and Nordstrom Rack, I shop at Charolette Rouse. Which means, I am either shopping lasts seasons rejects or High Schools ghetto clothes.

Kate and Robbie said...

If it makes you feel better, I get stared down when I walked into Nordies last week, like "What are YOU doing in here". My wardrobe consists of whats cute at Target and what I bought when we had money before the baby...which I am too fat to wear. I would never tell you to shop at Maurices. Ever.

Lonnie and Lindsay Fox said...

I know exactly how you feel. My problem is, I have been in Nordstroms lately, in fact, like two weeks ago. I had $100 gift card and I COULD NOT SPEND IT. I thought everything was so ugly. So, I am definetly out of style. I ended up buying clothes for my boys. Its quite depressing, I just think the stylist have issues not me :)

Unknown said...

Jack says that the variety store on main street has some awesome "Beaver Utah" T-shirts, The Pawn Shop has every new camoflauge style known to man you can even get the army camo. Still not satisfied the South Creek Texaco still has some awesome "Road Kill" t-shirts or those striped cowboy shirts that look like a rainbow. Julie you live in the fashon capitol of the world GET A GRIP!!!

Unknown said...

One more thing.... I won't mention Maurices, however, Jolly's Ranchwear has some kick ass deals right now.

Mahana said...

Um, I think we were seperated at birth! I feel exactly the same way and have to deal with the same thing of people giving me weird looks because I exploit my hotness with fashionable clothes and daring accessories. Just have fun girl. Who cares. I've come to love and be addicted to the gasps (of awe and jealously of course) when I step out in something fantastically new, fresh and hip. As for what's in style...remember you're my twin, we just naturally ooze style, so don't second guess yourself. Anything you wear can be hot and stylish if you exude confidence in it. I mean look at some of the crap celebrities wear that looks awesome on them, but would suck on me because I wouldn't believe I could pull it off and it would show! Love ya hon. By the way, did you get stuff from crazy 8 or what?

Mahana said...

ps. a shopping trip to Vegas will always giving you some fun pieces to add to your wardrobe! VEGAS BABY! Such good memories there!

ssh said...

you are too funny. what i have found is that there is NO good shopping in UT. the nordstrom there is the smallest in the west. come to chicago and i will be your Stacey. i love to give people a wardrobe make over. so, step #1, leave UT.

Unknown said...

Frumpy....YOU...not possible. That being said I hear Beaver knows Ropers and Wranglers and I say...."when in Rome!"

Seriously when are you coming to Dallas? Shopping and dining capital of the good ol' USA!

Burnett Family said...

I so know what you mean! I don't really call Red Rocks Mall here in St George a mall, if you know what I mean! We should go down to Vegas or San Diego sometime together and just shop away!

Paula said...

Well you know I can't help in this area. I just gave up on being trendy and wear what I like. Maybe that's what every other Beaver girl has done!

Kiesha said...

Your kidding me right now, right? Seriously you always look hott. I'm always wondering where you got your clothes.

Ryan Smart said...

Jules--here's the low down from someone who knows you probably better than most of these peeps--no offense. This comes from someone who has lived in Tooele (comparable to Beaver), Georgia, Mexico, and California. You are going to be out of style somewhere. Trust me-I was super cool in Georgia then moved to CA and looked like chode. Here is my advice--and yes I consider myself stylish. Go buy 3 things that look trendy and not something like you already own (you tend to buy a lot of the same stuff). Then just get the basics. Basics include 3 pairs of nice jeans, cool graphic tees from UO, take a trip to forever 21 with my wife you can be trendy and cheap. DON'T wear skinny jeans unless you plan on wearing heels or you'll look like a penguin. Here's the deal, if you come to San Diego, call me and I'll tell you if you're ugly. Love your guts!!! Everyone who reads this will think I'm a jerk--and I am but you love me for it. (side note go with dark jeans and a wide leg).

Marc said...

I love that the best advice on here comes from Ryan. Why am I not surprised by that.

I have no advice. I gave up on being cool about 10 years ago.

Karen said...

Go with Mahana's comments!! MOM

Corynn said...

Julie. I feel ya sista!Don't worry in about 3-5 years the girls in Beaver will be wearing what everyone is wearing now. Maybe. I love the comments from Jack. Hilarious.Yes go to Vegas or San Diego. Somedays I like that Beaver is laid back. But most days I hate that I feel overdressed or like I'm trying to hard if I am dressed in a good outfit. Moral of the story get out of town. Far away. That's where you'll find your fashion happy place. Good luck!

Corynn said...

Julie. I feel ya sista!Don't worry in about 3-5 years the girls in Beaver will be wearing what everyone is wearing now. Maybe. I love the comments from Jack. Hilarious.Yes go to Vegas or San Diego. Somedays I like that Beaver is laid back. But most days I hate that I feel overdressed or like I'm trying to hard if I am dressed in a good outfit. Moral of the story get out of town. Far away. That's where you'll find your fashion happy place. Good luck!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Why are you the best person in the world!?! I have had these thoughts too...

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are cracking me up! I know what you mean though! Gotta love the shopping in Southern Utah. you always look cute but if you're feeling the urge GO SHOPPING!!

Kaylene Jackson said...

Wow if you feel this way I am in real trouble because I look at you to see what is cool...you're my hot friend!!!

Nichelle Jensen said...

I'm so sorry! I couldn't find your blog when we were setting it up and then i just totally spaced it. But I'm so glad you found me cause now I've added you and I'll be reading yours all the time. Out with facebook and in with blogging is my new married take on cyber life. Sorry if I payed your blog no mind before, but I will make up for it now as a married woman.I love you. Ryan is crazy telling you to go buy 6 t-shirts at UO, they each cost at least $50! I guess his fashion sense is blinding him from our country's economic state. Love you Jules. Love you Ry.

Carleton & Robyn said...

I've never not seen you look totally cute and trendy!