Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dear Diary,

So, I'm really bad at keeping a journal so this post will be for that purpose. This may or may not be the last child, so I'm trying to document everything I possibly can. Consider this a warning, if you don't care, leave now.

I am 12 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I'm due March 20, 2010. But of course a little earlier due to my scheduled c-section. I'm really hoping that shes a girl. Have you heard of the book "The Secret"? If you have, then you'll understand why I refer to the baby as a she.

We are so excited for her to join our family! Luckily it didn't take as long as Roman did. So, for that we are grateful. I have been pretty sick this time around. There was a week where my mom came to visit and I literally laid on the couch for a week. My poor husband. I started taking B-6 and unisom. Not strong enough. So, about a week ago, I got on some stronger stuff and it has worked like a charm. It makes me SUPER tired and I eat a ton! But I would take that any day over puking my guts out.

This pregnancy has been similar to my last two. But I must say, I think I feel a little better this time around, sadly. (sad cause I'm still sick) I haven't thrown up nearly as much so things are looking up. Which is another reason why its totally a girl. ;)

The other things on my mind are where to put the baby. I put Roman in a big boy bed this past week and he loves it. But as soon as the baby comes, I will put the boys together in Gavin's room. She will be moving into Romans room. So we are working on the bedroom situation as we speak.

Im also wondering whether I should potty train Roman before the baby comes. He will be 2 1/2 when she is born. Any suggestions? Gavin trained so easily thanks to "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day". But I have a feeling I won't be as lucky with Roman. But who knows?

Roman is super cute. He talks to my belly. "Hi bebe!" He says. And Gavin is really excited and tells everyone that I have a baby in my belly. They will be great big brothers.

I always said If you can handle 1 kid, 2 is nothing. But I hear that 3 is a doozie. I don't know if its because you are out numbered. Or your youngest is too young, or whatever the case may be... I'm a little nervous about having 3. Gavin will be 6 1/2 but that doesn't mean he's easy. Roman is attached to me at the hip. I'm thinking he might be trouble around a new baby.

I was informed by my husband that this is definately the last baby cause I'm such a pain in the butt. Or something like that. But seriously, I do feel bad for my poor hubby. The house is a disaster, he rarely gets dinner and he is a doormat for all things that annoy me. I'm trying not to be one of those people that all they talk about is being pregnant. So, please tell me if I become that. That is the worst.

So anyway, these are my thoughts. Feel free to share anything you are thinking. It feels good to write things down.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I am so happy that you are having #3. I was just as sick with you, #3 as I was with #1 Marc and #2 Dave. You will handle everything because this is how you are. Gavin is awesome and will be a great help, Roman will be alot older and Kyle will live with the dinners,whatever they are. You are a WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL MOTHER, WIFE AND DAUGHTER!! It will all work out. Love always, MOM

Smittys said...

Well if you do want to talk a bout being pregnant all the time, You can talk to me. I don't think it is annoying probably because I would be the one to talk about it ALL the time!
Everything will work out, it always does and plus you are the best mom!
Love you and sorry you are sick. I heard that you are sicker with the 3rd but it seems like you are handling it pretty good.

Mahana said...

You know I would comment about the whole having 3 kids thing, except my circumstance is very different (but it is interesting being outnumbered). I will say this...if Alex were in school that would be a huge help because then it's really only 2 during the day and then you just need to make Roman your helper and I'm sure he'll love the responsibility. Alex does and he was the same age Roman will be when the little lady comes. And if I could have gotten Alex potty trained before Kohi and Leila showed up (though I kind of didn't get 9 months warning!) I totally would have. 3 kids in diapers sucks. You want to lessen your diaper changing as much as possible. trust me.

hugs girl! I'm SO excited for you.

Unknown said...

I love this post Jules! 3 is definitely the doozie...but so worth it. Potty train when Roman is interested and eager, sometimes diapers are annoying, stinky and expensive, but let's face it, MUCH EASIER! I wish I could tell all my kids to go potty in their pants.

I am also hoping you have a girl for Taylor, she needs a girl cousin on the Rose side, and I want another niece to spoil.

I am so sorry you are ill, can't even begin to imagine..What a trooper. love ya

Jana and Brett said...

Hey! Congrats! that's awesome! And you Totally need a girl! You are a little out-numbered. haha AND Kate told me your other good news. Sorry...I was at her house when you called...don't really know if I should know, but Congrats anyway!

Aubrey said...

You can talk to me all day about being pregnant. Then I wont be the only one. I will be envious if you get your girl. Am I doomed to be the only girl in my house forever??? This post just confirms once more that we are twins. I have all the same concerns and feelings. So just know you can always vent to me! I am thrilled that we are pregnant TOGETHER!

Nichelle said...

I'm sorry you're so sick you cute lil thang:( I love everything you write about, you've always been so honest and hilarious but you keep yourself optimistic and happy. i love you 4 and i can't wait for the 5th Yardley. roman is so cute saying "hi bebe!" i love him! i wish i knew anything about 1 kid, let alone 3, so i could give you some advice. but i do think you're pretty amazing and i know you'll adapt admirably well to however the new baby changes your situation. love you girl.