Today started off fantastic, then took a downward turn, then turned fantastic again. I'll start with the good part...
I cleaned my house spotlessly and then went to run errands with Ashlee. We went to the post office, then to get a drink. We decided to go to Ernies (the local truck stop) and get some of their yummy chicken. So, I go in first (we take turns so we can leave the kids in the car). I walked in and got really excited when I saw the lady pouring in a fresh batch of chicken.
Here is where the downward spiral begins. So, I go up to the counter and ask for a to-go box. The witchy woman looks at me and says,(Imagine this in the rudest tone possible)... "Yah, when I'm done." She was OBVIOUSLY pre-occupied waiting for a man to sign his receipt. There was absolutely NO way that she could be utilizing her time better than just standing there waiting to get her pen back. So, I wait.... And wait. And wait. Then she decided that she needed to check with her co-workers about some crap before getting me a box. So, I wait. And wait. And wait.
By then, I am fuming. All these things are going on in my head like, 'What if someone gets to the fresh and delicious chicken before me and they take it ALL'. Or, 'I am totally going to say something to this beast... but I'll never be able to show my face, or eat chicken in here ever again'. So, I wait with probably the most crotchity look on my face. Then she finally hands me the box after taking her sweet time. Real time, probably a good 4 minutes. Really lady, was it that hard? If it is such a huge hassle to give me a to-go box, then put them out by the chicken for pete's sake. No one would ever inconvenience you again.
So, then I get my diet dr. pepper and my chicken and pay and leave. I contemplated taking an extra piece of chicken just to get my revenge, but I didn't. Then I pay, and hop back in the car. I say to Ashlee, "I'm pissed", And told her why. She tried to make me feel better by saying that that lady is ALWAYS a brat. So, I try to not let it bother me.
But, it was just one of those things that TOTALLY ruined my day (temporarily) and my fresh chicken meal. But I got over it when we went to the park and ate the chicken. It's just that good. Plus you cant really be in a bad mood around Ashlee, cause she always makes you feel better.
Anyway, I am back at home now, Roman is napping and Gavin is at a primary activity at the church. So, I better shower while I have the chance.
Feel free to share with me some of the little things that just piss you off to no end and just put a damper on your day. I know it happens to all of you, so let's hear it!
7 comments:
There are so many things that make me mad I could write a book. I have come to the conclusion that I am probably too uptight, but I haven't figured out how to change that about myself. Most of what makes me mad revolves around the little boys. If they do stuff that upsets me in the morning, the rest of the day I'm in a bad mood and ornery towards them. I am honestly trying to be better.
There was this one time though, we were out shopping at a JC Penney sale, and I was buying some socks. The lady rang me up, and I just wanted to make sure they rang up right, because you never know sometimes on sale items. So I just asked her and she started getting belligerant and telling me to stop yelling at her (I totally was not yelling), and she said, "I'm a person too!" all huffy like. It just made me so mad that some stupid sales lady was gettin up in my grill when I just wanted to know if my items rang up correctly. What a lame-O.
I totally understand...my day was ruined when a guy flipped me off...I'm not even sure what I was doing wrong. I'm like the best driver in the world!! Right?? What is his deal?? How can one person make your day bad...what does that say about little ole me??
It was a truck stop Julie of course that lady could do a million things other than serve some "rich girl" some of that finger lickin chicken. In fact I think they try purposely to do all they can to not have to work--which is why they are working there. There was this lady named Shirley who worked at Taco Bell in High School who would never give us our change in our hands, but slap in on the counter--with a drink in your hands it's impossible to pick up the coins, you had to slide them off the counter. I wanted to chuck a penny in her eye. Here's the deal-they aren't happy people. Also, please limit yourself to how often you frequent the truck stop-you're making me nervous. Have you bought a bump it?
Whenever YOU go with me to the MAC counter, someone waits on us 'right away.' This doesn't happen when I am alone (probably because you are young and gorgeous) Nevertheless, yesterday I lost patience (surprise, surprise) and LEFT. Sales people can always annoy you. Don't let them. Report to the manager. You probably don't want to know how many times I have reported on people. Love you beautiful daughter!!! Love, MOM
Hey Julie-you probably don't know me but i'm from beaver and I found you blog stalking. Kyle's a friend of my uncle's. Anyways, Ernies has WAY yummy chicken but I always send my husband in to get it. My day always gets completely ruined when I specifically ask for NO MAYO on my burgers at fast food places and I go to take a big bite and there it is. Especially at burger king. Isn't their motto "have it your way?" Stinkin' mayo....
So, I'm a secret blog stalker of yours and I have tried to keep it under wraps for a really long time, but I don't have the power to stay away from commenting on this post...:)
I'm Jessica's friend up there, and I totally miss Ernies. I'm sorry about that lady-she must be a move in ;) But one time I was at Ernies (in high school) and their floors had just been mopped, but they had failed to put the sign directly in my face, because I totally ate it in front of the beauty boy of the school! More sad then mad, but oh, I miss it. :)
-Nikki Raddon Richins
I'm the youngest of the Raddon kids. I think my parents are in your ward...well anyway, I'm an admirer.
Diet Dr. Pepper...yum...
Did you just say "for Pete's sake"?
All of these ideas of ways to get back at people. Good ideas, but in the end, you just have to do what Jim Carey says in Liar, Liar, and just bend over and take it up the tailpipe.
Post a Comment