Friday, July 11, 2008

New Song


Hello there! Thanks to everyone for their amazing and supportive comments! I just hope you are not being that "super nice friend" that tells you that you are good, even though you really suck. I'm not fishing for compliments- I'm just sayin. (no need to comment on that thought, I really do believe you)

Anyway, I drove to Provo yesterday to record "You Can Change" with Tyler Castleton. He is HUGE in the LDS music world. No wait, he IS the LDS music world. I have been singing his songs since I was in high school trying to figure out "who I was". His music has helped me through lots of stuff in my life. Imagine how I felt when HE was playing the piano for ME. And the best part is, he REALLY likes me! I can't believe it. So crazy. Just a very strange moment for me. Still in shock from all this.

You can listen to his new song "You Can Change" to the right of this post. It will be pitched to his people for an EFY cd. Until then, enjoy!

This is a picture of me with a perma-grin on the drive back to B-town.

8 comments:

Haiku Amy said...

Please remember me when you are famous.

Karen said...

I really love both of these songs Jules. You have the most amazing voice and Dad and I are so proud of your accomplishments. Love always, MOM

Steff said...

You sound amazing. I'm so impressed and a little jealous. I can't sing at all. Yes, can you please remember the McGhie family when you are famous? I can say "yeah man, I carved pumpkins with Julie Rose". YES! Good luck. I hope you win.

Unknown said...

O my goodness i LOVE that song.

You are amazing! What a proud sis-in-law I am~ Always knew you had it in you! What a voice!

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

Great job (and I'm not just saying that)! :) I played it for Nate and he said "wow, she's good." Yay! :)

Mahana said...

Hey there, your super nice friend dialing in to tell you that you ROCK! honestly. you do. and you know I don't dish out complimenting BS. Congrats congrats! ps. i hate you for looking like a hot mama as I sit here with my unwashed hair and gallon of icecream! :)

Marc said...

Congrats Jules. I love that you're taking this picture of yourself while driving. Hilarous.

By the way, we're not just being nice. You're an awesome signer.

Rachel Ure said...

I keep coming to your blog to listen to "you can change" - I love it! I am a huge tyler castleton fan. I love hearing his songs for the first time- they are very powerful. Your voice is so wonderful. It is easy to listen to and very cool. Thanks for sharing