Friday, February 29, 2008

Yardley Update

It's been a while since I've posted anything new about our lives. So here it goes:

1. I had my recycling meeting. I totally rocked it! However, it pretty much did nothing. Beaver is still living in the early 90's, where no one cares about the environment. But we'll see.

2. I got a new bike. Its a pale yellow beach cruiser-ish bike of sweetness. Now I need a basket.

3. My jewelry party went really well. Now, I just want to open my own boutique.

4. We got life insurance. Big step for us.

5. I reconnected with my long lost friend Laura Hulse :)

6. I've discovered new music on itunes. And some fantastic old stuff that I have rekindled the flame with. Thanks to Dave and Kristie for the gift card.

7. It's really warm in Beaver. Makes me want to spring clean and eat fruit.

8. I love the kid with the dreads on American Idol. And of course, Archuletta and the Aussie guy. And the Irish girl. Everyone else can go away.... don't try to argue with me. American idol is a touchy subject.

9. I've noticed how smart Gavin is because I frequently say things like this... "Gavin can you get the Boppy, Bumbo, Burp rag, Bib, Bottle, Binkie, Book, Bag..." Why does everything having to do with a baby have to start with a "B"? It's amazing that Gavin never gets confused.

10. I am getting my drivers license on Tuesday. That's if I pass. Here's the story with this... My driver's license expired, lets just say, a while ago. And I have to go re-take the test next Tuesday. But for now, I feel like a wanted criminal when I drive. Hands on 10 and 2 always.

11. Roman eats rice cereal now. He is almost 5 months! Craziness.

12. Tomorrow is our 5th Anniversary. Horray for us! We will probably enjoy a nice dinner together followed by some hmm hmm. You know, the usual. (Ice cream, you perv's)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

BAHAHA!! julie you are too funny. i miss you girl! come down to provo...i knoooow you love it! :)
also, i think my mom is coming up to beaver soon, so get excited!!

Jeannie said...

hey you are funny!i called you today..

Janae said...

You crack me up. I love #12. I can't believe Roman is already 5 months. Time flies. Congrats on five years!

Lillie said...

Ross is out of town, the kids are in bed, and I got your comment.. .so now of course I've spent the last half hour updating myself on your life, your jewlerey, your friend's killer cakes, your CUTER than life boys, your non-resolutions... and too much other stuff that was way too entertaining. You're fun. And I dropped a comment somewhere back in history, do you get them in your email?

How DID you find me? Do we have any common friends but Ryan? I can't find any on your list. And do you keep in touch with Ryan? I'd love to see what he's doing.

And talk about being busy-- I didn't even know you were married! And you got married before I left BYU-- for some reason I feel like I should have known. My last memory of you is when I was on a jog on University and you were on the front lawn of some house. Eh. And you have a 4 year old! Holy cow Julie. Well done. What a cute family.

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Happy anniversary! I can totally see you liking dread boy- I am on the archuleta band wagon for the moment. How are you going to ride your bike with all those kids? Oh and hey any suggestions on life insurance? We have been looking into it.

Kate and Robbie said...

Im totally there Julie...American Idol becomes what I look forward to most in the week...how pathetic am I? I just cant wait till all the pother shows start coming back on. Which reminds me, I'm guessing our fav "what about Brian" got canceled? What? Stupid people. Dont they know I am on bed rest and must have good TV? Im huge and fat, like beyond what i ever thought I could be. I should be the next contestant on Biggest looser for sure. Congrats on the 5th anniversary! Wow- time flies when your having....babies. Ha ha! Well, call me soon. You will like it, I sound like Anna Tanner right now with a cold. It will make you laugh.

L said...

LOL! Wow... i almost teared up - you are so cute to include me on your list!! You have such the reason to come visit me: I live 10 min away from the most amazing bead shop (to answer your Q, that's where I get all my clips!)! Congrats on your 5th anniversary! Holy cow, 5 years already??? You are Kyle are so awesome- I just love you guys!!! Post more about your jewelry - I want to know all about it! P.S.Your babies are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the anniversary my darling sis in law!

I am so jealous of your bike, I have been begging Marc for one for months! Post some pics!

Mahana said...

I agree with the post more of your jewelry. I wanted a braclet the 1st (and last?) time you posted but gotten beaten to my favorite piece!

Congrats on 5 years. Goes by fast huh? Jake and I are working on 7...makes me sometimes feel like an old married couple with most of my friends just now getting married!